Thursday, February 26, 2009
Year 11 Survival Tips
Survival tips to ensure you have a hassle-free experience and get the most out of the services we offer:
1. Get to know your school librarian, Louise Cleary, who can help you find online and print resources for assessment tasks and essays.
2. Improve your information skills by attending library tutorials and by seeking help when you're stuck with not enough information to complete your assignment.
3. Click on the Library icon on the student PCs on campus and bookmark the Library site
4. Bookmark the Delicious links, so you can easily find credible information on the web.
5. Carry your student ID with you because it enables you to borrow books and use the printers and photocopiers on campus.
6. Avoid library fines by telling us your email address, so we can send reminders before your loans are due. Renew your own loans via "My Library Record" in the library catalogue.
7. Keep your library fines below $20 and you can keep borrowing, plus at the end of the year, we'll make the fines disappear.