Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Survival Tips for New TAFE Students
1. Get to know your TAFE librarian, Gabriele Ogilvie, who can help you find online and print resources for assignments and reports.
2. Improve your research skills by attending library tutorials arranged by your teachers.
3. Seek help early when you can't find information you need, don't wait till your assignment is almost due.
4. Take advantage of the great online resources available to TAFE students in this region.
5. Find resources in TAFE libraries across the state and get them sent to you free. Ask Gabriele how.
5. We've just re-launched the Library web site and we'd like feedback about this and any of our services. Post a comment on the blog or email us email@example.com.
6. Carry your student ID with you because it enables you to borrow books and use the printers and photocopiers on campus.
7. Avoid library fines by telling us your email address, so we can send reminders before your loans are due, or by renewing your own loans via "My Library Record" in the library catalogue.
8. Keep your library fines below $20 and you can keep borrowing, plus at the end of the year, we'll make the fines disappear.