Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Year 11 Library Survival Tips
Survival tips to ensure you have a hassle-free experience and get the most out of the services we offer:
1. Get to know your school librarian, Louise Cleary, who can help you find online and print resources for assessment tasks and essays.
2. Improve your information skills by attending library tutorials and by seeking help when you're stuck with not enough information to complete your assignment.
3. Carry your student ID with you because it enables you to borrow books and use the printers and photocopiers on campus.
4. Avoid library fines by telling us your email address, so we can send reminders before your loans are due or by renewing your own loans via "My Library Record" in the library catalogue.
5. Keep your library fines below $20 and you can keep borrowing, plus at the end of the year, we'll make the fines disappear.